My Linguistics Nominated!
Last June 27, I learned from a friend’s blog post about this competition by Lexiophiles listing the “Top 100 Language Blogs 2009.” In this year’s competition, the Lexiophiles team decided to divide the competition into four categories, namely:
- Language learning: Blogs about the language learning process, difficulties with or discussion about learning a language.
- Language teaching: Blogs discussing languages from the perspective of a teacher.
- Language technology: Blogs discussing technology as part of the language learning process.
- Language professionals: Blogs by people using languages in their profession, such as translators or interpreters.
You can still submit your nominations here. Nominations are still accepted until July 6, Monday. The voting will be open to public starting July 8 until July 27. Winners will be announced on July 30. To read more of the said competition, click here.
I already received a mail from Marc, one of the organizers of the said event, and he informed me about my nomination for the “Top 100 Language Blogs 2009” competition. My Linguistics is placed under the category of Language Learning.
To all my current and future readers please support My Linguistics in this competition. You can support our blog through the following methods:
- Vote for My Linguistics starting July 8 until July 27. [Note: Every person can only vote once, so your votes really counts.]
- Leave your comments and/or feedback regarding the posts.
- Subscribe at My Linguistics by email or through a feed reader.
- Follow us at twitter. You can either follow user owbEe (for the blog updates) and/or KoreaNthusiast (for the daily Korean word update).
Thanks for visiting! I hope you’ll enjoy your stay. 😀
P.S. Thanks Shanna for nominating my blog in the competition. It means so much to me. ^^
P.P.S. I just learned today (July 8, 2009) that though your nominated in the competition you can still be voted out due to the 100 limit. C’mon what is that?!? They shouldn’t have sent those emails telling you that you’re nominated and later learn that you’re actually not. They should have just sent out those emails when they have an actual list of the blogs who passed their prescreening, yes? What a disappointment!!! Actually, I’m burning mad!!! LOL.